About Solar Ship
Solar Ship Inc. is a Toronto based hybrid aircraft company specializing in delivering critical cargo to remote areas. Solar Ship aircraft can takeoff and land in an area the size of a soccer field, making them ideal for use in places lacking infrastructure such as roads, runways or electricity.
Peace + Freedom is one of Solar Ship’s main focus areas. A joint venture between Manaf Freighters and Solar Ship, Peace + Freedom works with local experts, veterans, and entrepreneurs to deliver essential cargo to those who are most in need. Conflict zones result in refugee camps, infectious disease outbreaks, crumbled infrastructure, and loss of life. These areas see an overwhelming number of displaced people who are in need of critical supplies. Peace + Freedom has built a network of problem solvers to put an end to war, giving people the freedom to innovate.
We are currently hiring an organized marketing manager to join our team. The ideal candidate has some experience or knowledge of social media marketing, content curation and creation, and SEO optimization, along with a keen eye for detail.
Job duties include, but are not limited to
- Help organize annual marketing plans subject to quarterly review
- Drafting press releases and communicating with press outlets to spread awareness about Solar Ship, and specifically Peace + Freedom
- Scheduling curated and original social media content into Hootsuite or similar
- Data analysis and presentation - must be able to thoughtfully convey web traffic numbers and social media analytics
- Writing compelling social copy and clean, concise blog posts
- Support Peace + Freedom missions in Canada and Africa
- Liaising between universities, high schools, and Solar Ship’s head office with the goal of implementing and facilitating a cross-cultural youth exchange
The ideal candidate
- Has knowledge in a related field and has a University degree/College diploma in a related field
- Is a natural self-starter
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced and often-changing environment
- Has knowledge of online platforms and video sharing services
- Is social media savvy, with knowledge of current trends and audience-targeted content
- Able to gather data and create analytics reports
Bonus points if
- You’ve already read Traction by Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares
- You have video production/editing experience
How to apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!