DESIGN ENGINEER: TEXTILE STRUCTURES
About Solar Ship
Solar Ship is a world leader in developing hybrid aircraft; combining two forms of lift: static lift, generated by a buoyant gas, combined with the aerodynamic lift of a wing. This creates the capacity to fly large loads over long distances without the use of fossil fuels. It has extremely short takeoff and landing capabilities, making Solar Ship the ideal aircraft for accessing remote areas.
We are united in our vision to enable access to and improve the health of remote communities where other types of transport remain ineffective.
We are seeking an Engineer to work on the design of the textile structures used in the construction of this new aircraft.
The Design Engineer – Textile Structures will work with the CTO to design, develop and analyse three dimensional textile structures from concept through to production.
- Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Experience in Textile Structures Engineering.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- ExactFlat experience an asset.
- Experience designing 3D textile structures.
- Writing build documentation.
- Writing quality plans.
- Performing stress analysis, functional analysis, failure mode analysis and
- weight and balance analysis on structures.
- Engineering change control.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and roles.
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work well in a Team.
- Positive attitude towards people and work.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire for excellence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Critical thinking.
- Creative approach problem solving.