2D CAD Designer - Textiles
About Solar Ship
Solar Ship is a world leader in developing hybrid aircraft; combining two forms of
lift: static lift, generated by a buoyant gas, combined with the aerodynamic lift of
a wing. This creates the capacity to fly large loads over long distances without
the use of fossil fuels. It has extremely short takeoff and landing capabilities,
making Solar Ship the ideal aircraft for accessing remote areas.
We are united in our vision to enable access to and improve the health of remote
communities where other types of transport remain ineffective.
We are seeking a Designer to assist in the development of the 2D CAD patterns
for Solar Ship’s textile structures. Working closely with the manufacturing team,
The Designer will work on detailed design drawings and production drawings.
- Strong proficiency in AutoCAD and/or DraftSight
- SolidWorks or ExactFlat experience an asset
- Experience with the design of soft goods
- Good understanding of textile manufacturing processes e.g. RF welding, Hot Air Welding, Sewing etc.
- Experience in industries such as inflatables, upholstery, fashion, sail making, composites, an asset
- Experience outputting to CAD/CAM Plotters, e.g. Gerber, an asset
- Fabrication experience is an asset
- Detail orientated and organized
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and roles
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Critical thinking
- Creative approach problem solving
How to Apply
This is a full time position based at Brantford Airport. If you believe you are a
strong candidate, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To learn more about Solar Ship, please visit www.solarship.com or our Youtube